Things to have prepared when you call for an initial appointment:
- Name, date of birth, address, phone number and social security number.
- Have your insurance ID and group number available.
- The general reason for setting up an appointment.
- Let us know any preferences: male or female therapist, certain days of the week or times of the day, or if you have a preference for a specific therapist
- Visit our Forms page and complete the necessary forms at home, or you can fill them out in our office lobby by arriving 15 minutes early.
Be sure to bring your driver’s license or state ID and your insurance card to your first session – a copy of each.
What to expect at your first appointment
The purpose of your first appointment is for an “assessment,” or “evaluation.” The assessment process includes: reviewing any clinical forms that you completed and discussing with you the extent, duration, and severity of your problems or issues. Your therapist will develop an initial diagnosis and service plan based on this information.
Please be sure to read the Informed Consent for Psychotherapy Services prior to your first appointment. If you have any questions, your therapist can answer them before or during your first meeting.
We will bill your insurance for you. We will usually be able to let you know your coverage and benefits ahead of time. You may pay with cash, check, debit or credit card. We will ask you to pay your co-pay, coinsurance, or remaining deductible at each session in order to avoid building up a balance.
We no longer accept American Express due to their unreasonable fees. If you pay with the PayPal button on our homepage, please add $1.50 service charge for every $50.00 paid.